(1) In the following notice, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data that concerns you personally, e.g. your name, address, email addresses and usage patterns.
(2) The data controller for the purposes of EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) article 4(7) is BORCO-MARKEN-IMPORT MATTHIESEN GMBH & CO. KG, Winsbergring 12-22, 22525 Hamburg, Germany (also see our Legal Notice). You can contact our external Privacy Officer (ePrivacy GmbH represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer, Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg, Germany) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(3) Contact form: If you have questions of any kind, we offer you the option of contacting us using a form provided on our website. To use the form, you must enter a valid email address so that we know whom the enquiry is coming from and so that we can respond to it. You may enter additional information voluntarily. When personal data is processed for the purpose of contacting us, it is done in accordance with GDPR article 6(1)(a) on the basis of the consent you have granted voluntarily. The personal data collected by us so that you can use the contact form will be deleted automatically once your enquiry has been resolved.
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for certain functions of our offering or would like to use your data for marketing purposes, we will inform you about the respective processes in line with the details below. We will also provide the specified criteria for retention periods.
(1) When it comes to us and our processing of personal data relating to you, you have the following rights:
(2) Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority for data privacy. You can contact the supervisory authority with jurisdiction over your habitual residence or place of work or over our company’s registered office.
(1) When using our website purely for informative purposes, i.e. when you do not register yourself or convey information to us in some other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data which is technologically required to display our website to you and assure its stability and security (the legal grounds for this are provided in GDPR article 6(1)(f)):
(2) Cookies are stored on your computer alongside the aforementioned data when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to the browser you use and are stored on your hard drive so that the entity setting the cookie (which in this case is us) has access to certain information. Cookies are not able to run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. We use them to make our overall online offering more user-friendly and effective.
This website uses the following types of cookies, with the scope and functionality of each being explained further below:
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These cookies include session cookies. They save a session ID that can be used to match various requests from your browser to the same session. This enables us to identify your computer when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a prescribed length of time that varies depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
c) You can configure your browser settings as you desire, for example, to have your browser accept third-party cookies or reject all cookies. Do be aware that you may not be able to use all website functions in this case.
We maintain a blog where we publish various posts on topics related to our business activities, and you may submit public comments to it. Your comment will be published with the post under the username you have provided. We recommend that you use a pseudonym instead of your real name. You are required to provide your username and email address, though all other information is provided voluntarily. When you post a comment, we also store your IP address, which we delete after one week. We are required to store your IP address so that we can defend ourselves against liability claims in the potential scenario that unlawful content is published. We require your email address so that we can contact you if a third party contends that your comment is unlawful. The legal grounds for this are provided in GDPR article 6(1)(b) and (f). Comments are not moderated prior to publication. We reserve the right to delete comments if third parties contend that they are unlawful.
(1) If you have given consent for us to process your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent cancels the permission we have to process your personal data with effect from the time you withdraw your consent.
(2) Where we use overriding interests as the legal grounds for processing your personal data, you may object to the processing of your data. This is particularly the case when it is not necessary to process your personal data to carry out a contract with you, which is illustrated in the following description of each function. When exercising your right to object, we ask that you provide the reasons why you would not like us to process your personal data as we have been doing. If your objection is valid, we will assess the situation and either stop or change the processing of the data or explain to you the compelling, legitimate grounds on which we continue to process the data.
(3) Of course you may at any time object to us processing your personal data when it is for the purposes of marketing and analytics. You can inform us of your objection to advertising by contacting us using the following details: BORCO-MARKEN-IMPORT MATTHIESEN GMBH & CO. KG, Winsbergring 12-22, 22525 Hamburg, Germany, email@example.com, also look in our Legal Notice.
(1) When you visit our website, we use common SSL technology (Secure Sockets Layer) in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your respective browser. This usually involves 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will instead make use of 128-bit v3 technology. You can see whether a page on our website is loaded over an encrypted connection if the key or padlock symbol on the bottom status bar of your browser is illustrated as closed.
(2) We have also implemented appropriate technological and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction and unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are enhanced on an ongoing basis to reflect technological developments.
(1) This website collects and stores data for marketing and optimisation purposes using technologies provided by Google LLC („Google“) (http://www.google.com). This data can be used to create user profiles kept under pseudonyms. Cookies may be set for this purpose. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the visitor’s Web browser. Cookies allow us to identify your Web browser. The data collected using Google technologies is not used to personally identify visitors of this website and is not combined with personal data related to the person behind the pseudonym if the person concerned has not given their special permission. You can at any time object to your data being collected and stored with effect for the future. Please exclude me from Google Analytics tracking.
(2) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and so that we can regularly improve it. Using the acquired statistics, we can improve our offering and make it more appealing to you as a user. The data collected is stored on a permanent basis and analysed using pseudonyms. The legal grounds for our use of Google Analytics are provided in GDPR article 6(1)(f).
(3) Information about the external provider: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads. The legal grounds for our use of Google Analytics are provided in GDPR article 6(1)(f).
As one of the largest European spirits companies, we are committed to responsible drinking and as a member company of the BSI, we support the activities of its „Alcohol and Responsibility“ working group. We undertake to act in accordance with the principles of the working group and the alcohol advertising guidelines of the ZAW e.V., the German Advertising Federation, in our sales, marketing and advertising activities in order to prevent abusive consumption. This commitment is also reflected in our commercial communication, which includes our corporate channels such as Instagram, Facebook and the BORCO blog. We are happy for our content to be shared, but this should only be done to individuals over the age of 18.
The content that is shared is for inspiration, exchange as well as information about our products and our company. We look forward to an inspiring dialogue and exciting contributions as well as comments from users. A friendly and respectful interaction is our top priority. For this reason, we ask you to observe the following rules on our platforms:
Do not share content which
All users are responsible for their own content. BORCO accompanies the community editorially and is not liable for the contributions created by users. We reserve the right to remove content in case of violations and to exclude community members from our channels in the event of serious or repeated violations.